About The Hartford Long-Term Disability Insurance Denials
The Hartford offers various insurance products, including long-term disability (LTD) and short-term disability (STD) insurance. These plans offer essential coverage for individuals unable to work due to illness or injury.
However, despite its standing as a top insurance company, The Hartford doesn’t always treat its customers fairly.
Long-term disability claims often require insurance companies to pay out substantial sums of money over a long period of time. To avoid this, some insurance companies like The Hartford unfairly deny legitimate claims, which is known as acting in bad faith.
Insurance bad faith tactics include:
- Delaying long-term disability claims
- Misinterpreting policy terms
- Disqualifying valid health conditions
LawFirm.com works with top disability insurance attorneys who have helped policyholders recover over $127 million for unfair insurance denials, including claims against The Hartford.
If you’re facing an LTD denial by The Hartford, we may be able to help you get the money you deserve.
Get a free case review right now.
Appealing The Hartford Disability Denials
If The Hartford denies your long-term disability claim, you have the right to file an appeal. A successful appeal requires you to provide detailed evidence to prove you are eligible for long-term disability benefits.
Seeking the help of a skilled long-term disability lawyer can significantly improve your chances of a successful appeal. Experienced disability attorneys understand the evidence needed to make a strong case, like detailed medical records and statements from employers or physicians.
Working with a lawyer will ensure your appeal is thorough and well-prepared. They will write a detailed letter explaining why The Hartford should have approved your claim and submit supporting documentation.
If The Hartford still doesn’t agree to provide your benefits, your lawyer may be able to request a second appeal or file a lawsuit against the insurance company.
Steps to Appealing The Hartford Long-Term Disability Denials
Here is what you can expect when you work with a lawyer to appeal a Hartford long-term disability insurance denial.
1. Free Consultation
Connect with LawFirm.com for a free case review to see if we can match you with a knowledgeable disability lawyer.
If you’re eligible, your lawyer will start working on your appeal against The Hartford to get you your benefits as soon as possible.
2. Collect Evidence
The first thing your disability attorney will do is gather documentation to build a strong case.
Evidence in The Hartford long-term disability insurance denial appeals may include:
- Correspondence about The Hartford long-term disability insurance denial
- Initial long-term disability insurance claim
- Medical records and test results
- Missing documentation from the original claim
- Opinions from medical professionals
- Policy documents for your plan
3. File an Appeal
Your lawyer will take care of submitting your appeal to The Hartford. This includes preparing and sending all the paperwork and evidence needed to support your case.
They’ll handle all communication with The Hartford for you. You won’t have to worry about the back-and-forth, so you can focus on your recovery.
Your attorney may be able to file a second appeal if the first one isn’t successful.
4. File a Lawsuit
If The Hartford refuses to overturn its claim denial, your lawyer may be able to file a lawsuit and demand the benefits you’re owed. They can negotiate a settlement or argue your case in court if necessary.
Chat with us right now to learn more about appealing a long-term disability denial by The Hartford.
Our case managers can answer your questions and connect you to an attorney.Chat Now
How a Lawyer Helps With The Hartford Long-Term Disability Denials
An experienced disability lawyer will help with your long-term disability denial so you can get the benefits you need and deserve.
Here are 5 ways hiring a skilled disability lawyer can help:
- Appeal strategy: Your lawyer will carefully review your policy and formulate an appeal strategy tailored to your situation.
- Evidence collection: Skilled disability lawyers know what evidence to gather to build a compelling case, such as medical records and expert opinions.
- Guidance and support: Throughout the process, your lawyer will offer advice, answer your questions, and provide support, ensuring you feel well-informed and confident.
- Track record of success: Your attorney will use their past knowledge of insurance company tactics to increase the likelihood of a successful appeal.
- Trial experience: If necessary, your lawyer will represent you in court, using their skills and experience to go head-to-head with The Hartford and their attorneys.
Get Help With a Hartford Long-Term Disability Denial
If you’re facing an LTD denial from The Hartford, you have options. By filing an appeal, you may be able to secure the benefits you deserve.
A skilled disability attorney can help you understand your rights, build a strong case, negotiate with The Hartford, and represent you in court if needed.
Your disability attorney will provide regular updates on any progress or changes with your claim, so you’re always in the loop and know what’s happening.
LawFirm.com works with top disability insurance attorneys across the country who have recovered over $127 million for unfair insurance denials, including denials issued by The Hartford.
We may be able to connect you with a top disability lawyer or law firm in your area if you qualify.
The Hartford Long-Term Disability Insurance Denial FAQs
How do I appeal a long-term disability denial from The Hartford?
If The Hartford denied your long-term disability claim, you have the right to appeal the decision. The specific steps for the appeal process will be outlined in the denial letter you received.
Typically, appeals involve submitting additional documentation like medical records or letters from your employer supporting your claim. You may also be required to complete forms provided by The Hartford.
For many policyholders, the best and quickest way to appeal an LTD denial is to work with an experienced disability attorney. Find out if we can connect you right now with a free case review.
How long can you be on long-term disability with The Hartford?
The duration of long-term disability benefits The Hartford provides can vary depending on your specific policy.
LTD policies often cover benefits until retirement age if you remain disabled. However, the policy terms may outline limitations or restrictions, such as a maximum benefit period. Review your policy to understand the coverage duration.
Why would The Hartford deny a disability claim?
The Hartford long-term disability insurance denials can occur for various reasons, including:
- Failure to meet policy criteria: Denial can occur if your disabling condition doesn’t meet the definition specified in your policy.
- Insufficient medical evidence: If the medical records and documentation provided fail to prove the severity of your condition, it may lead to a denial.
- Missed deadlines or incomplete paperwork: Denials often result from not submitting all the necessary documents or missing deadlines.
- Pre-existing condition limitations: Certain policies include waiting periods or exclusions for pre-existing conditions, which can affect claim approval.