Top four topics on this page:
What Is a Mesothelioma Law Firm?
On top of their health crisis, individuals diagnosed with mesothelioma may face troubling financial uncertainty, and their families can be left hanging in the balance. Unable to work and facing steep medical bills, families often turn to a mesothelioma law firm for help. These firms can help secure their financial future through a mesothelioma lawsuit.
Experienced mesothelioma law firms understand the complex situations these families find themselves in. A mesothelioma law firm specializes in mesothelioma and asbestos lawsuits and comprehensively understands the history and laws surrounding these types of cases.
By working with a mesothelioma law firm, many families can focus their time and energy on the health of their loved ones while their legal team pursues financial payouts from the companies responsible for the asbestos exposure.
What Does a Mesothelioma Law Firm Do?
A mesothelioma law firm works with individuals diagnosed with mesothelioma, or their immediate family members, to pursue justice and compensation from the companies responsible for causing their illness.
Mesothelioma lawsuits are part of a complex legal landscape that differs from state to state. Each state has its own set of laws – known as mesothelioma statutes of limitations – that determine how much time mesothelioma victims or their families have to file a mesothelioma lawsuit.
It may be tempting to hire a local law firm, but national mesothelioma law firms can file the lawsuit in states with the best chance of achieving a favorable outcome.
A mesothelioma law firm works with clients to:
- Gather the evidence necessary to build a strong case with a higher probability of securing compensation.
- Ensure the lawsuit is filed before the state’s mandatory deadline passes.
- Negotiate with the defendants to maximize the amount of compensation awarded to a victim and their families.
- Defend the case in court as needed – most mesothelioma lawsuits settle out of court, though some occasionally proceed to trial before a jury.
The best mesothelioma lawyers work tirelessly on behalf of their clients to maximize the amount of money awarded in any settlement, verdict, or asbestos trust fund payout.
Who Can Hire a Mesothelioma Law Firm?
Mesothelioma law firms work with individuals and families impacted by mesothelioma and other asbestos-related illnesses.
To hire a mesothelioma law firm, victims must have a:
- Confirmed asbestos-related disease diagnosis
- History of asbestos exposure
If a mesothelioma victim is deceased, a family member or estate representative may be able to file a mesothelioma lawsuit on their behalf.
In some cases, mesothelioma victims may require assistance learning where, when, and how they were exposed to asbestos.
Once hired, a mesothelioma law firm will always work with their clients to get a complete picture of their asbestos exposure history by thoroughly examining past work experience, as well as previous and current places of residence.
To learn if you may qualify for hiring a mesothelioma law firm, contact LawFirm.com today. The law firms in our network offer free consultations and charge no out-of-pocket fees.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Mesothelioma Law Firm?
The best mesothelioma law firms do not charge upfront fees to represent you in an asbestos lawsuit. Given their strong track record, such law firms work on what’s known as a contingency-fee-basis, which means you pay no out-of-pocket expenses.
By working on a contingency-fee-basis, a mesothelioma law firm only accepts payment if the lawsuit succeeds in securing compensation for the victim. This payment system allows both parties – the firm and the client(s) being represented – to be aligned with achieving justice for the victim and their family.
Why Should I Hire a Mesothelioma Law Firm?
Mesothelioma victims are often shocked and hurt to learn that their asbestos exposure could have – and should have – been prevented. The companies responsible for exposing people to asbestos knew it was dangerous, but they willfully ignored the risks and continued to expose their workers and the general public to it anyway.
Pursuing justice for this tragic wrongdoing is one of the main reasons victims decide to hire a mesothelioma law firm to represent them in a lawsuit.
Mesothelioma victims often face dire circumstances, including loss of the ability to work, steep medical bills, and lack of future financial security.
By partnering with a mesothelioma law firm, asbestos victims may be able to seek mesothelioma compensation through either a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit or by filing a claim with an established asbestos trust fund or the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
Successful mesothelioma lawsuits, whether they are personal injury or wrongful death lawsuits, typically end with one of the following outcomes:
- Mesothelioma Settlements: A mesothelioma lawsuit most commonly ends in a settlement agreement between the victim (or their family or estate representative) and the defendant companies responsible for causing the victim’s disease.
- Mesothelioma Verdicts: More rarely, when the defendants and the plaintiffs cannot agree on a settlement, a mesothelioma lawsuit may head to trial, where the case will be heard before a judge and jury. In these cases, a jury will render a verdict in favor of the mesothelioma victim or the defending companies.
When a mesothelioma victim’s asbestos exposure was caused by a product made by a company that filed for bankruptcy, their legal team may seek compensation through an established asbestos trust fund.
Companies that faced bankruptcy in the wake of mounting asbestos lawsuits were ordered by bankruptcy courts to establish asbestos trust funds to compensate future victims of asbestos-related disease. It’s estimated that these trust funds are worth a combined $30 billion.
Once a victim has agreed to hire a mesothelioma law firm, they will discuss the best possible avenue(s) for seeking compensation given their situation.
What Qualities Do the Best Mesothelioma Law Firms Have?
While there are many top mesothelioma law firms, only a select few have the resources and experience necessary to give their clients the best advantages in seeking compensation.
- A long track record of achieving favorable results for their clients in mesothelioma verdicts, settlements, and asbestos trust fund payouts
- At least 20 years’ worth of experience litigating mesothelioma claims
- Key resources, such as a comprehensive asbestos job site database and warehouses of exposure evidence from past cases
- A nationwide presence, with the ability to file an asbestos lawsuit in the state that’s best suited for your specific case
- Relationships with the top mesothelioma surgeons and experts in the country
- Access to a medical team that can collect medical evidence, interpret charts and records, and work with medical experts to assist with the legal process of getting compensation
Only a small percentage of mesothelioma law firms meet all of the above criteria and should be considered capable of handling your case.
LawFirm.com can help connect you with some of these law firms. Contact us today to learn more.
How Do I Hire a Mesothelioma Law Firm?
If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with mesothelioma, you may be able to hire a mesothelioma law firm to pursue justice and compensation for your family.
You can start by contacting LawFirm.com to schedule a free, no-obligation legal consultation to hire a mesothelioma law firm.
Once you’ve shared the details of your situation, our partners can determine whether you may have a valid mesothelioma claim. If eligible, a mesothelioma law firm will begin working on your case right away.
LawFirm.com only partners with experienced and successful mesothelioma law firms. The law firms in our network offer free consultations and charge no out-of-pocket fees – they will only accept payment if your case successfully results in compensation.
Start the process today by requesting a free legal consultation.