What Is a Mesothelioma Law Firm?
A mesothelioma law firm specializes in mesothelioma and asbestos lawsuits. These firms understand the unique history and laws surrounding this case type, and they are positioned to help families recover the most amount of compensation available in their case.
Experienced mesothelioma law firms typically have teams of asbestos attorneys, paralegals, and medical professionals who recognize the complex situations each family finds themselves in, from a difficult prognosis to staggering medical bills.
Working with a mesothelioma law firm allows many families to focus their time and energy on the health of their loved ones while their legal team pursues financial payouts from the companies responsible for the asbestos exposure.
Reach out to our compassionate case managers today to learn if you may be able to fight for justice and compensation through a mesothelioma lawsuit.
What Do Mesothelioma Law Firms Do?
A mesothelioma law firm works with individuals who have a mesothelioma diagnosis, or their immediate family members and estate representatives, to pursue compensation from the companies responsible for causing their illnesses.
Mesothelioma lawsuits are part of a complex legal landscape of asbestos cases that differ from state to state. For example, each state has its own set of laws – known as mesothelioma statutes of limitations – that determine how much time mesothelioma victims or their family members have to take action against asbestos companies.
It may be tempting to hire a local law firm, but national mesothelioma law firms can file the lawsuit in the state with the best chance of achieving a favorable outcome.
A mesothelioma law firm works with clients to:
- Determine if you are eligible to file a claim through a free legal consultation
- Gather evidence necessary to build a strong case, like proof of asbestos exposure and confirmation of a mesothelioma diagnosis
- File the lawsuit before the state’s mandatory deadline passes
- Negotiate with the defendants to determine a mesothelioma settlement
- Defend the case in court if needed – most mesothelioma lawsuits settle out of court, though some occasionally proceed to trial before a jury
The best lawyers for mesothelioma work tirelessly on behalf of their clients to maximize the amount of money awarded in a mesothelioma claim.
Pursuing Mesothelioma Compensation with a Law Firm
The companies responsible for exposing people to asbestos knew the mineral was dangerous, but they hid the risks to protect their profits. One of the main reasons asbestos victims decide to hire a mesothelioma law firm to represent them in a lawsuit is to hold these companies accountable.
Experienced mesothelioma law firms have the resources necessary to help you seek the maximum financial compensation available in your case. Compensation can help cover medical costs, ease the stress of lost wages, and provide financial security for your family.
A mesothelioma law firm can help you pursue compensation through three main forms:
- Mesothelioma lawsuits: Lawsuits against asbestos companies often result in settlements of over $1 million. If a settlement is not reached, the case will go to trial before a jury or judge, and your legal team will argue your case in court.
- Asbestos trust funds: Companies that faced bankruptcy in the wake of mounting asbestos lawsuits were court ordered to establish trust funds to compensate future victims of asbestos-related diseases. There is an estimated $30 billion remaining in these funds.
- VA benefits: Because all branches of the U.S. military used asbestos, veterans make up one-third of all mesothelioma cases. The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs offers compensation and health care benefits to those who were exposed to asbestos during their service and later became ill.
A mesothelioma law firm can help you determine which type(s) of asbestos claims you are eligible to file. Chat with one of our case managers now to get connected with a top asbestos law firm near you.
Our case managers can answer your questions and connect you to an attorney.Chat Now
What Qualities Do the Best Mesothelioma Law Firms Have?
While there are many law firms who take mesothelioma cases, only a select few have the resources and experience necessary to give their clients the best advantages in seeking compensation.
- A long track record of favorable results for their clients through mesothelioma verdicts, settlements, and asbestos trust fund payouts
- Decades of experience litigating mesothelioma claims
- Access to key resources, such as a comprehensive asbestos job site database and warehouses of exposure evidence from past cases
- A nationwide presence, with the ability to file an asbestos lawsuit in the state that’s best suited for a specific case
- Relationships with the top medical experts, who can help prove your case
- Positive client testimonials that highlight how their lawyers provide each case with the personal attention it deserves
Only a small percentage of mesothelioma law firms meet all of the above criteria and should be considered capable of handling your case.
LawFirm.com can help connect you with law firms who are skilled in mesothelioma litigation and have all of these qualities. Contact us today to learn more.
Finding a Mesothelioma Law Firm Near You
If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with mesothelioma, a mesothelioma law firm can help you pursue justice and compensation for your family.
The case managers at LawFirm.com are here to listen to your story. One of the asbestos law firms in our network can begin working on your case right away if you qualify.
Remember, time is of the essence when pursuing an asbestos claim. It is important to consult with an asbestos law firm as soon as possible to ensure that your legal rights are protected and you can pursue the maximum compensation available.
Mesothelioma Law Firm FAQs
How do I choose a good mesothelioma law firm?
A good way to choose a high-quality mesothelioma law firm is to look at the law firm’s history of past results and testimonials from former clients. Additionally, the firm’s experience with mesothelioma cases and the resources they have available should be taken into account.
Top asbestos law firms will also provide potential clients with a free legal consultation, during which you can learn more about the options available to you.
Be sure to ask any potential mesothelioma law firm about their fee agreement as well. Those that work on a contingency-fee basis will not require you to pay any hourly or upfront costs.
Who can hire a mesothelioma law firm?
Mesothelioma law firms and their asbestos attorneys work with individuals and families impacted by mesothelioma and other asbestos-related illnesses, like lung cancer or asbestosis.
To work with a mesothelioma law firm, victims should have a confirmed asbestos-related disease diagnosis and a history of asbestos exposure
If a mesothelioma victim is deceased, a family member or estate representative may be able to file a mesothelioma lawsuit on their behalf.
How much does it cost to hire a mesothelioma law firm?
The best mesothelioma law firms charge no upfront or hourly fees to represent you in an asbestos lawsuit.
Given their strong track record, these law firms work on what’s known as a contingency-fee basis. They only accept payment if they secure compensation for you.
Can a mesothelioma law firm help with secondhand asbestos exposure?
Yes. Secondhand asbestos exposure occurs when someone unknowingly brings asbestos fibers home on their clothes or hair and exposes their loved ones to these dangerous fibers.
Mesothelioma patients who were exposed to asbestos — whether it was firsthand or secondhand — may qualify for compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and other damages.