What Is a Camp Lejeune Attorney?
Camp Lejeune lawyers are specialized attorneys who can help victims of the contaminated water at U.S. Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune pursue compensation for their injuries.
These attorneys can determine who is eligible to file a lawsuit and fight for the rights of veterans, their families, and anyone else impacted by the contaminated water.
Camp Lejeune lawyers may be able to recover compensation for:
- Medical bills (including travel expenses connected with medical care)
- Loss of future income
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- And more
Filing a lawsuit with the help of a Camp Lejeune lawyer will not impact any benefits you may receive from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
Camp Lejeune lawyers may be able to help you and your family take legal action for injuries caused by water contamination at Camp Lejeune. Contact us now to learn more about your options.
Who Can Camp Lejeune Lawsuit Attorneys Assist?
Anyone who suffered injuries after living or working at Camp Lejeune for a minimum of 30 days between August 1953 and December 1987 may be able to get help from a Camp Lejeune attorney.
Victims of Camp Lejeune water contamination include:
- Civilians who worked on base
- U.S. Marine Corps or U.S. Navy veterans
- Family members who lived on or visited the base
Even if your loved one passed away from Camp Lejeune water contamination decades ago, you may still be able to file a lawsuit and pursue justice on their behalf through a wrongful death lawsuit.
The deadline to file a Camp Lejeune lawsuit is August 10, 2024. Lawfirm.com can connect you with an experienced Camp Lejeune lawyer who can file a claim on your behalf before it’s too late.
Camp Lejeune Illnesses Eligible for Compensation
The water at Camp Lejeune was contaminated with dangerous chemicals known as volatile organic compounds (VOCS), which have been linked to many serious illnesses.
Health conditions that may be eligible for Camp Lejeune compensation include:
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- Aplastic anemia
- Birth defects
- Bladder cancer
- Breast cancer
- Cardiac defects
- Cervical cancer
- Colorectal cancer
- Crohn’s disease
- Esophageal cancer
- Hepatic steatosis (non-alcoholic fatty liver disease)
- Kidney cancer
- Liver cancer
- Lung cancer
- Multiple myeloma
- Myelodysplastic syndrome
- Neurological disorders
- Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma
- Parkinson’s disease
- And more
Money from a Camp Lejeune lawsuit can help victims pay for medical bills, travel expenses linked to medical care, loss of income, and other costs.
Call (888) 726-9160 now to learn how a Camp Lejeune water lawyer may be able to help you pursue the compensation you deserve.
How a Camp Lejeune Water Contamination Lawyer Can Help
Camp Lejeune lawyers are focused on helping victims of water contamination at Camp Lejeune, and they may be able to prove your exposure to toxic chemicals found in the Camp Lejeune water supply, so you can get the compensation you deserve.
A Camp Lejeune lawyer can:
- Provide you with a free case review to determine if you’re eligible to take legal action
- Investigate your claim and gather evidence to build your case
- File a Camp Lejeune lawsuit before the August 2024 deadline
- Negotiate a Camp Lejeune settlement on your behalf
- Argue your case in court if a settlement is unable to be reached
Camp Lejeune lawyers will communicate with lawyers representing the defendant (in this case, the U.S. government) on your behalf while fighting to maximize the compensation you receive.
Benefits of Working With a Camp Lejeune Water Lawyer
A Camp Lejeune water contamination lawyer can make the lawsuit process as simple as possible, so you can get the money you deserve without any unnecessary stress.
Benefits of working with a Camp Lejeune lawyer include:
- More time to focus on your health: Serious illnesses caused by Camp Lejeune water contamination often take a big toll on your health. A Camp Lejeune lawyer can handle the legal process on your behalf, giving you time to rest and be with your family.
- Alleviate the burden of filing a lawsuit: The legal system can be very difficult to navigate. An experienced Camp Lejeune lawyer can make sure all of your paperwork is filled out correctly and handle the claims process for you.
- Improve your chances of a fair settlement: A Camp Lejeune lawyer has the knowledge and experience necessary to negotiate with the defendants and get you the most amount of money possible.
Talk with one of our compassionate case managers now to learn if a Camp Lejeune lawyer may be able to help you pursue the compensation you deserve.
Our case managers can answer your questions and connect you to an attorney.Chat Now
How Much Does It Cost to Hire Camp Lejeune Lawyers?
The cost of working with a Camp Lejeune lawyer will depend on the lawyer’s fee structure. Some attorneys charge hourly rates or retainer fees, which can quickly add up — especially because there is no guarantee that you will receive compensation.
However, Camp Lejeune lawyers in the LawFirm.com network work on a contingency fee basis, which means you don’t have to pay any costs unless your lawyer secures compensation for you.
What Qualities Does the Best Lawyer for a Camp Lejeune Lawsuit Have?
Choosing a Camp Lejeune lawyer is one of the most important decisions you will make, as it can influence whether or not your case is successful and how much compensation you may receive.
Top Camp Lejeune attorneys will have the following qualities:
- Experience: Camp Lejeune cases are complex, so it’s important to work with a lawyer and law firm that has decades of experience helping injured victims.
- National reach: Camp Lejeune lawyers in our network can handle cases in all 50 states, so you can get legal assistance regardless of where you are located in the U.S.
- No upfront or hourly fees: Top Camp Lejeune lawyers work on a contingency fee basis, which means they get paid by taking a small percentage of the money you win. If your case isn’t successful, you pay nothing.
- Proven track record: Our partner lawyers have recovered over $9 billion for clients across all case types — and they may be able to secure compensation for you, too.
Lawfirm.com can help you find a Camp Lejeune lawyer that has all of these qualities and more if you qualify.
Get Connected With Camp Lejeune Attorneys Near You
Approximately 1 million people may have been exposed to the contaminated water at Camp Lejeune. Camp Lejeune lawyers are committed to seeking justice and compensation on their behalf.
The Camp Lejeune attorneys we work with:
- Can handle cases in all 50 states
- Have the resources and experience needed to build your case
- Never charge any upfront or out-of-pocket fees
If you have a case, LawFirm.com can help you find the right Camp Lejeune lawyer to file your claim — but you only have until August 2024 to take action.
Camp Lejeune Lawsuit Lawyer FAQs
Do I need a lawyer for Camp Lejeune water contamination?
Working with a Camp Lejeune water contamination lawyer is highly recommended, as they can help you navigate the complex legal system and maximize the potential settlement you receive from a lawsuit.
A Camp Lejeune lawyer can file a lawsuit on your behalf, so you can focus on your health and family.
How much does a lawyer charge for a Camp Lejeune lawsuit?
The best Camp Lejeune lawyer won’t charge any upfront or out-of-pocket fees. Instead, they’ll work on a contingency basis, which means they only get paid if they successfully secure compensation for you.
What is the average payout for the Camp Lejeune lawsuit?
Average payouts for a Camp Lejeune lawsuit will vary depending on the severity of your injury or how long you spent on base. However, the Congressional Budget Office has estimated that $6.1 billion will be paid in Camp Lejeune claims before 2031.