What Does an Orlando Car Accident Attorney Do?
In the aftermath of a car accident, many victims may feel overwhelmed or unsure of what their next steps should be — especially if they are dealing with injuries from the crash.
Between January and August 2023, there were more than 16,000 car crashes in Orange County, Florida. During this 8-month period, the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles reported over 11,000 injuries from these accidents.
If you’ve been injured in a crash, an Orlando car accident lawyer can handle all aspects of your legal claim, so you can focus on your health and well-being.
Car accident lawyers in Orlando can:
- Provide you with a free consultation to determine if you have a case
- Speak with witnesses of the crash and gather evidence on your behalf
- Review local and state laws that apply to your case
- File your claim within any deadlines
- Negotiate a settlement with the defendant’s insurance company or attorney
- Represent you in court if a settlement can’t be reached
The Orlando car accident attorneys in the LawFirm.com network are prepared to fight for justice on your behalf. Chat with a member of our team now to learn if you have a case.
Our case managers can answer your questions and connect you to an attorney.Chat Now
How an Orlando Car Accident Lawyer Can Help
Working with a car accident lawyer in Orlando may increase your chances of recovering the maximum compensation available in your case.
Car insurance companies will often try to pressure crash victims into accepting a low settlement offer. An experienced car accident lawyer can help you determine how much compensation your case is actually worth — and fight for that amount on your behalf.
Your lawyer will examine many factors in your case, including:
- Any long-term effects on your health
- Current and future medical expenses
- Damage to your car or property
- Lost wages if you missed work while recovering
- Pain and suffering caused by the accident
- Whether or not you are partially at fault
Experienced Orlando car accident lawyers have a strong understanding of Florida laws, access to key resources, and the skills necessary to secure a favorable outcome on your behalf.
Settlements for Car Accidents in Orlando
Compensation secured through an Orlando car accident lawsuit will vary based on the specifics of each case.
Our partner law firms have secured over $9.1 billion for clients who have been injured through no fault of their own.
Some of the past car accident payouts secured by our partner law firms include:
- $3 million for a client who was injured due to a vehicle malfunction
- $600,000 for a woman who was hit by a car while in a crosswalk
- $400,000 for the victim of a motorcycle accident
- $100,000 for a man who became disabled due to a car accident
- $90,000 for a victim who sustained injuries from a car accident
While compensation is never guaranteed, the attorneys in our network will fight hard to get you all of the money you deserve.
Get a free case review and see if one of our legal partners can help you file an Orlando car accident lawsuit.
When to Call a Car Accident Attorney in Orlando
If you’ve been in a car accident in Orlando, you only have a limited amount of time to file a car accident lawsuit. Because of this, it is important to contact an Orlando car accident lawyer as soon as possible.
State laws known as the statute of limitations set unique deadlines for how long you have to file a claim. In most cases, Florida requires victims to file a lawsuit within two years of their accident.
You may need to contact an Orlando car accident lawyer if:
- You were involved in a car accident and sustained an injury as a result
- You believe the accident was caused by a negligent driver, hazardous roadways, or a vehicle malfunction
- The driver at fault is without car insurance or their insurance company dismisses your claim
- The insurance company of the at-fault driver only offers you low compensation
- Your injuries exceed the personal injury protection (PIP) limit that your insurance policy covers
Don’t wait: Call (888) 726-9160 now to see if we can put you in touch with one of the Orlando car accident attorneys in our network.
What to Look For in an Orlando Car Accident Lawyer
Unfortunately, car accidents are a common occurrence in Orlando. While many Florida attorneys may claim they can handle your case, some lawyers may be more equipped than others.
Here’s what to look for when choosing the best Orlando car accident attorney for you:
- Highly recommended by previous clients
- No upfront or hourly fees
- Proven track record of successful cases
- Works with a highly-rated and well-respected law firm
- Years of experience with car accident claims
The attorneys in our network have all of these qualities and more.
Get Help Finding an Orlando Car Accident Lawyer Near You
If you’ve been the victim of a car accident that wasn’t your fault, our attorneys may be able to help you recover the compensation you deserve — regardless of where you’re located in Orlando or throughout the state of Florida.
At LawFirm.com, we work with some of the top car accident lawyers in Orlando. The firms we partner with have decades of experience and have recovered over $9.1 billion for their clients. Additionally, there are no upfront costs to get help filing your lawsuit and pursing compensation.
Let us connect you with an Orlando car accident lawyer who can fight on your behalf. Call (888) 726-9160 or get a free case review now to learn more about pursuing justice and compensation following a car crash.
Car Crash Attorneys in Orlando FAQs
What questions should I ask an Orlando car crash lawyer?
Many personal injury lawyers may claim that they can handle your Orlando car accident case. However, not all attorneys have the experience and resources needed to successfully handle your car crash case.
When choosing a car accident attorney, here are some questions you should ask:
- How many car accident cases have you handled?
- What results have you secured for past clients?
- Are you familiar with Orlando car accident laws?
- How much do you charge for your services?
- Do you have any reviews from past clients?
How do you find the best car accident lawyer in Orlando?
At LawFirm.com, we work with some of the top car accident lawyers in Orlando. We can connect you with an attorney if you have a valid car accident claim.
The lawyers in our network have recovered over $9.1 billion for injured clients and their families, and they never charge any upfront or hourly fees.
How much does an Orlando car accident attorney charge?
The attorneys that work with LawFirm.com take cases on a contingency-fee basis, which means they do not charge any fees in advance. Instead, they get paid by taking a small percentage of any money they successfully secure for you.
How long do you have to get a lawyer after a car accident in Orlando?
In Florida, you typically have two years from the date of the accident to take legal action. This deadline depends on the specifics of your case.
An experienced Orlando car accident lawyer can help you determine how long you have to file a claim.
Should I call a lawyer after a car accident in Florida?
Yes. Even if the accident seems minor, seeking legal counsel can help protect your rights and secure the compensation you deserve.
A skilled Orlando car accident attorney can gather essential evidence to build a strong case on your behalf and assess the full extent of damages involved by calculating pain and suffering and potential future medical costs.
Reach out to LawFirm.com now to learn if an Orlando car accident lawyer in the LawFirm.com network can help you take legal action following your car crash.